The history of the Faculty of Letters began on June 12 1945, when the Teachers’ Institute was opened in Bălți. The first two faculties of this educational institution were the Faculty of History and Philology and the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Geography. Although the institution underwent several reorganizations – becoming a Pedagogical Institute in 1953 and 1954 and later a State University (1992) – the Faculty of Letters has continuously remained part of its academic structure.
